Welcome to the Victorian Mobile Landcare Group Inc. - the VMLCG as we call it. We started this organisation in 2009 and have undertaken an impressive, in our humble opinion of course, list of projects all over Victoria in the last 10 years.
The trigger event for our foundation was the 2004 fires which devastated much of far East Gippsland. We got involved in doing relief fencing work. Back then we were inside a large 4WD Club. That didn't work terribly well and in 2009 we separately incorporated into the VMLCG as a completely independent Landcare Group. Since then, we have been undertaking projects around Victoria where our remote area capability is necessary and critical to project success.
In addition, we have formed some great partnerships with other Landcare groups and networks and we invite you to review our picture gallery of projects to see what we have been up to with them.
The photo below is an excellent example of our value - this was a project commissioned by Parks Victoria for us to install two water tanks at undisclosed locations (to prevent vandalism) on the Australian Alps Walking Track in the Alpine National Park. We transported, installed and commissioned the water tanks and today, 6 years after the project, we believe they are still fully operational, assisting walkers get through a dry patch on this iconic walking track.
- Quollity Droppings
- 2020 VP's Most Excellent Lunch
- 2020 All Members Zoom Checkpoint Meeting
- 2020 Red Tailed Cockatoo Survey
- 2020 Australian Alps Walking Track Water Tanks Service Call
- 2020 West Moorabool Post-Fencing Planting Day
- 2020 April 21 BOM Meeting
- 2020 West Moorabool Fencing Day 2.0 - 5 April
- 2020 March 17 BOM Meeting
- 2019 VP's Most Excellent Lunch
- 2019 West Moorabool Fencing Day
- 2019 Barry Mtns Track Work PV
- 2019 AGM
- Calendar Events
- About Us
- Get in Touch